Tuesday 30 June 2009

Hasegawa's 1/72 Mercedes-Benz G4

Hi guys, this is Hasegawa's 1/72 Mercedes, I had a hard time finding any picts of this vehicle used in the German armed forces so not sure if any were used, I didn't want to make Hitlers ride, but I did find a model someone else had done of this vehicle so I basically copied his hoping he had better referances than me, so I have no idea if it is authentic, it was a nice enough model, Hasegawa can be a very mixed bag, and generally anything with tracks will be poor, there figures are always very bad, some of their later stuff can be good, their Pz IVs are good (except the tracks) and their Sdkfz 234 and 251's are good, this one deserves a 7/10, the bike on the back is an old spare Matchbox BMW and a little under scale at 1/76, the figures are a mix of revel and Preiser's excellent multi part figures. As this is one of my older models it suffers from too heavy handed paint chipping.



No comments:

Post a Comment